Who we are
Get to know the people behind Agathis Dammara Karbon that make everything happen, where we come from, where we want to go and moreMeet the people
Our company wants to improve many aspects of the agricultural field in South East Asia, ranging from environmental goals to improving farmer livesAbout us
What we need
How can we accomplish our goal of improvement and what can be done to achieve these goals together? Learn how you can join in the initiativeLearn More
We are the leading authority
on biochar in Indonesia
With years of experience in the field of carbon, waste management, field trials and farmer interactions, we strive to always share our ever-expanding library of knowledge. We offer an array of knowledge for not just our partners, but also any interested third party. Some of the things that we offer and focus on are listed below.
- Field trials and Farmer training
- Biochar studies
- Collaborative work
- An open biochar database
- Community development
- Environmental services
The benefits of Biochar for both the environment and our future
- Carbon sequestration Biochar can help reduce greenhouse gases in the atmosphere by absorbing and storing carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
- Soil improvement Biochar can improve soil fertility, structure, and water retention, which can lead to better soil health, crop yields, and nutrient uptake.
- Water quality improvement Biochar can filter pollutants, such as nitrogen and phosphorus, from runoff water and prevent them from entering waterways.
- Reduced fertilizer and pesticide use Using biochar can help reduce the need for synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, which can lead to lower chemical input and reduced environmental risks.
- Reduced waste Biochar can be produced from organic waste materials, such as agricultural residues or forestry waste, which can help reduce landfill waste and methane emissions.
- Increased sustainable agriculture Biochar can help support sustainable agriculture practices, such as crop rotation and conservation tillage, which can help reduce soil degradation and improve ecosystem health.
- Reduced deforestation Biochar can be produced from sustainably managed forests, which can help reduce deforestation and protect biodiversity.
- Improved air quality Biochar combustion can produce fewer air pollutants, such as particulate matter and volatile organic compounds, than traditional combustion methods.
- Reduced dependency on fossil fuels Biochar can be used as a renewable energy source, which can reduce reliance on fossil fuels and associated greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduced soil erosion Biochar can improve soil structure, which can help reduce soil erosion and maintain soil health.
Work with us
In the our specialized field of biochar, we have a diversified team which handles all different aspects with great detail. This means we can offer a wide variety of services related to our field. Join us in creating a better environment, perform research or support us in other ways.I Am Interested
With the extensive field experience of the team comes the experience with farmer communication. We can help bridge the gap between the company and the farmers.
As a non-profit NGO, we always seek to assertain new knowledge and expand our libraries. Our services offered are based on this knowledge, which is open to all who choose to benefit from it.
Our service and experience is readily available for any new or existing project. This means help in setting up projects, requesting funding, operational details etc.
If you are an interested party that wants to help our cause to improve the indonesian agricultural sector, grants or donations can be an amazing way to help. Send us a message for more information